Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: DooooooOOOoooooom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:29 pm 
Apprentice Spammer

Here is my 2 cents worth of observations concerning SW-TOR. Yes, I'm still subbed and playing though I pretty much despise logging into the game. There is a difinitive difference between a monthly sub being too expensive to afford and a statement saying that the game as it exists is not worth paying a monthly subscription for. Bioware's 40% figure offers no such disclaimer, nor explaination as to which side of the coin most people who leave the game are on.

SW-TOR is eight months out of the gate and as such, held much promise, but instead presented the playerbase far too many failures imo. This is an MMO and there are certain attributes that I desire in an MMO and SW-TOR/Bioware simpley failed to provide these features or have made little or no effort in trying to model the game in any fashion other than it being yet another WOW clone.

Here are the primary points of contention that I have when it comes to SW-TOR

1) If I had wanted to play WOW I've had an ample opportunity to play the real thing over the years. Other than the voiceovers they offered few innovative features that made me sit up and say WOW!!!

2) When there has been an issue, customer service has been horrid, almost non existant in some cases. They have made SOE 'working as intended' look fabulous in comparason.

3) Being an MMO, I look for a strong player community and interactive features, ToR has almost none.

4) The basic game is far too easy. From the initial level 50 grind, the crafting, the reliance upon companions ... all are designed as solo game concepts requiring very little interaction within the community of players.

5) The end game consists of one continuous gear grind ... it never ends and it is times 2 since one needs to have the PVP and PVE gear set.

6) The high end instances are far too restrictive and dependent upon gear more so than skill and mechanics for the most part.

7) Guild funtionality is simply non-existant and a plain out joke. My question is why are there guilds at all???

8) Space combat ... see above comment about guilds ...

9) Lack of any voice clients for groups or guilds. This makes high end functionality dependant upon an outside vent or ts client and more difficult to co-ordinate.

10) The sheer number of broken/unbalanced/fubar'd systems in game. i/e Hutt Ball scoring system is still such that one can't be sure which team scored ... continue from there!

I'll leave this list at ten ... but you by now get the idea. When you add all of this together one has a game enviorment that is simply not conductive towards long term success, nor does it even have the basic qualities that I believe most look for in an MMO. If per chance you are a more casual gamer, one who has time constraints or family obligations that limit the amount of in-game time available to you ... well you are just plain out of luck cause there is no way for that individual to be even remotely competitive due to the heavy influence that gear has in this game. To be sure there are many other issues that contribute to my dissatisfaction, but since I don't want to publish the next 'War And Peace' here in your forums ....

I'll close this scathing review by saying that I have given SW-TOR ample time to try and get things going in the correct direction. I wanted this game to be a success and had high hopes that our guild would find this platform an adequate replacement for SWG, but sadly it is not. It is my thought that due to the contractual issues that closed SWG, TOR was pushed out the door for earlier release that what they were ready for... so in essence I've been paying 14.99 a month for eight months of beta content!

Peace!

PS: Hope this finds all you guys and gals in good health ect .....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am 
Administrator

Hey Ileak, good to see you here :)

Yeah, in general too much focus was put on the leveling process and not that much on what came after that which is a shame. There were also some fundamental flaws with the gear grind but they just took the model of the most successful mmo in that regard which is somewhat understandable (though wrong).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:45 am 
Senior Spammer

Is it too early for "Tortanic" jokes or?

If anyone is still playing, dont get upset. Its just a financial failure, not a gaming failure.

Think "Concorde".

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:05 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

Still playing! More than ever!

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
Same here... having a whale of a time. Good folks, that sfr lot. Very like us. Just more organised, LOL.

Mac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7