Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:05 am 
Spam Meister

Not a huge amount in there but some nice bits and pieces

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012

The new and vastly improved ‘Hue to Chest’ system launches with Game Update 1.2 and there are more customization and quality of life improvements along those lines hot on its heels.

Target of Target on primary target and party frames will be part of Game Update 1.2. Primary target already has a visible casting bar on live right now. In Game Update 1.2 target of target frames will have visible casting bars as well.

In the near future expect to see not just rare items but limited availability items, more treasure hunts and some big surprises for the community to discover and work together to figure out

Post subject: Re: Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 pm 
Administrator

Lots of stuff coming in 1.2, that patch is going to be huge.

Besides the things you mentioned, new flashpoint and raid, guild banks, new warzone, ranked warzones, new social gear and the legacy system.

Not a big fan of the cross-server warzone queue though, I hope they reconsider that. You lose all sense of community and there is no way to build a reputation then. For instance, I've been playing warzones so much I know which players to watch out for on the imp side and which players are good (or bad) on our side. I've met many people this way with whom I regularly group with now or at least hopefully putting our guild name in a good light on the server. It would be a shame to lose all that sense of community.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:46 am 
Spam Meister

The latest Q&A is up

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

some interesting stuff in here, especially regarding gear and bonuses and head slots. most interesting for me was:

Quote:
In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

not sure how the new system will stack up against the current bag system, so i'm going to try and make a lot of headway into my pvp suit before 1.2 goes live in march.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:39 am 
Administrator

Sounds good, the medals for objective play are a nice change. In huttball I only get a couple of medals because I'm just playing objectives and healing then.