Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Guild Summit News
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 pm 
Spam Meister

haha, that's gonna annoy some folk.

The new pvp gear is not going to be tied to valor rank, it's purely purchased via ranked warzone comms which are based on how good you do in a ranked warzone match. Apparently valor rank will allow you to get a different colour of gear but it will be the same stats.

They even mentioned that valor rank was not supposed to relate to how good you are at pvp, just time spent in warzones. So glad i didn't try grinding to valor rank 60 :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 pm 
JEA Guildleader

Fair play, there was a lot of stuff in the pvp panel, some good things aswell.

The legacy panel is up next, now this should be interesting.

All info gotten from the summit is being put in the second post of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:56 pm 
Administrator

Zumbee wrote:
They even mentioned that valor rank was not supposed to relate to how good you are at pvp, just time spent in warzones. So glad i didn't try grinding to valor rank 60 :)

That has always been the case, but you still need 60 for the best gear atm :)

Ranked is going to be an even harder grind for most people, since you basically need to be in a good premade all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 pm 
Spam Meister

from what they were saying the current system matches groups vs. soloers. so once they implement the 8 man pre-mades, they will go up against other 8 man's. easy way around that is to form groups of 3-4 or queue solo :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 am 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Jerrick wrote:
A Bounty Hunter won't suddenly turn into a Force-wielding super user. Every class has a heroic moment ability which requires the presence of a companion to activate. Only by using these heroic moment abilities will you be able to access the cross-class Legacy abilities. That essentially means you can only use the abilities out in the questing world; they're locked out when you're in a full group or in a PvP Warzone. "It's a balancing mechanism. We wanted to make the abilities powerful and useful but we know that some players are going to eventually have all seven others on one character. We had to be cognizant of that when we were creating them so we don't give the player seven super-powerful abilities he can use in rapid succession."

I was originally worried about this, having a trooper that could use force heals, or sorcs that could force cloak would be horrendous (just an example)...So im happy with how they're doing it, although i wouldnt wanna mess with Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows in open world PvP (off ilum)...They've already got more than just the one self & companion buff :D

And...

Zumbee wrote:
haha, that's gonna annoy some folk.

The new pvp gear is not going to be tied to valor rank, it's purely purchased via ranked warzone comms which are based on how good you do in a ranked warzone match. Apparently valor rank will allow you to get a different colour of gear but it will be the same stats.

This is a good change, PvP shouldnt be a gear grind, everyone should have "restrained" access to all the same level gear (restrained as in you cant just buy it from a vendor for 5k a pop when you ding 50 or whatever), PvP should be about organisation and skill...So although im almost 60 myself (sucks to be me haha :D), i like this one :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am 
Administrator

Some must reads here, just picking some of the best stuff, check the articles for all the details.

Ops/flashpoints: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... log/page-3

Quote:
The 1.2 Operation "Explosive Conflict" will be the first "Tier 2" raid instance.
At least two more Operations in development. Will be included in future major updates.
A "group finder" feature will be introduced in the 1.3 game update. Single server only to focus on community.
Q: Not a huge difference between current different tiers of raid gear. Will there be a bigger difference in the Tier 2 raids? Gabe: We didn't want to inflate the Tier 1 raid gear too much. Georg: One more tier of PvP and PvE coming. The stats should be more sensible, with not a ton of Accuracy for example.
Q: What is the future of the space game? James: We like space. We have a secret project going on involving space but can't comment on it more right now.
Q: Can you get schematics from reverse engineering Operation gear? Georg: Yes. More on that later.
Q: Will you do more dynamic/open world specific Operations? Gabe: Update 1.2 will have more open world Operation bosses.

PvP: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... log/page-4

Quote:
New Warzone: Majority 3-point control objective. Need to have two out of the three objectives to "do damage" to the objective.
Update 1.2 will include ranked Warzones. Will use ELO ranking system for both solo and group play in ranked Warzones. This is considered "pre-season" will ratings sort themselves out.
Objectives scores currently do not work quite right because not all the medals are in the game. 18 new medals to be introduced.
Future updates will include cross server matches. Ranked matches will be more likely to go cross server to find a more even match.
Will be able to queue with a full 8-person group for Warzones. Will also allow groups to persist between Warzones so you don't have to re-form every time.
Ilum was a bit too ambitious and had some technical difficulties. They will be pulling it back a bit, won't be incentivized as much while it undergoes some redesign to make it more fun.
New tier of PvP gear called "War Hero" will be obtained through ranked Warzone PvP.

Legacy: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... log/page-5

Quote:
Game Update 1.2 will introduce Family Tree, automatically updated with all of your characters in a Legacy.
Level 50 with a species and you unlock all variations of that species across both factions.
Alignment abilities including Dark, Light, and Grey.
Most rewards can be purchased with in-game credits or unlocked.
All unlocks and rewards are retroactive.
Sprint moved to level 1.
Repair Astromech will repair items, buy items, sell upgrade items for Ship droids.
Mailboxes and Galactic Trade Network on ships.
Customizing your alt. character experience: boosting PvP experience, lowering level required for Speeder license.
A: Multi-spec is coming, not just dual-spec. Not coming in 1.2.
Ship droids sell crafting mods for your droids, including voice restraining-bolt. (lol :P)

Economy/Crafting: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... log/page-6

Quote:
Biochem is not the most used skill. Archaelology and Scavenging are high, most popular crafting skill is Artifice, followed by Biochem, Underworld Trading is most used mission skill. Bio-analysis is the lowest used skill.
Official population count 57% vs. 42% faction balance, Empire led. Empire players like PvP.
Sith Inquisitor is the most played class. Early in beta, Jedi Knight was the most played. Smuggler and Imperial Agent are lowest played classes.
Game Update 1.2 will include crafting mods for ship droids, getting endgame mods from reverse engineering.
Every crew skill will get an endgame benefit. Players will be able to craft Augments through Crew Skills.
Speeder costs going up, training costs going down, overall cost will be less. Cybertech speeders will become BoE.
Shorter cooldownon Cybertech grenades. Artifice will receive new color crystals previously not available.

Roleplayer: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... log/page-7

Quote:
Possible future customization include chat bubbles, character re-customization, more orange gear with viable in endgame. Wear what you want, whenever you want.
Improving spawning tech, will address the static feel of the world, more ambient creatures.
Future chairs will always be sit-able.
Q: Would like to see a male slave outfit. A: It's coming.

Guild features: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... log/page-8

Quote:
Guild UI functions, but could use more features. There is a team dedicated to expanding guild functionality, including Guild Banks that are coming in 1.2. Shared bank for guild members to use, up to seven tabs with escalating costs. Guild leaders have detailed control for guild banks, and backlogging for CSR follow-up.
Most guild features are coming after 1.2, including Guild calendar, using guild emblems on armor, and guild advertising to help recruit/join guilds.
Guild progression in the works, including guild capital ships. No timeline for these features.

UI: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... log/page-9

Quote:
"Edit Mode" shows all UI components available that can be moved. Color coding indicates pieces that are always visible and pieces that are only visible sometimes.
The UI components are scaleable.
Target of target confirmed to be in the 1.2 update.
Secondary windows can be moved around to anywhere on the screen. More than one window can be open at a time.
Can save UI configurations as XML files that can be shared between players.
Q: Is click to cast in? Gabe: Click to cast not in for 1.2 update. We want it, maybe 1.3 or 1.4 update. Target of target is in and should show health percentages.
Q: Will we see macros anytime soon? Even simple ones? Georg: Probably but no ETA at this time. We don't want macros that effect combat directly because we don't want it to be less approachable. Mouse over healing wouldn't be considered a macro.
Q: Are their any UI changes to the auction house? Emmanuel: Yes, we're not happy with the current AH UI. Damion: It will be better in 1.2 update. It will be 80% less stupid with fewer mandatory fields. Not ready to reveal the exact specifics just yet.

Rest: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... og/page-10

Quote:
New daily quests on Corellia in 1.2 update.
Color matching is back in and improved for 1.2 update. Will be toggable for any piece of armor. New pieces of gear is set to "off" when first equipped. So when new loot is acquired, you see it's "true" appearance first and then can choose to make it match.
Better graphical textures will be available with the 1.2 update. Can be made available now that they have a better idea of what kind of machines people are running. So people who can handle higher graphics will be able to turn them on see them.
Dual spec coming in the future. Two parts: First, is two skill sets. Not in 1.2 release. Second part will include full gear load-outs. So for part one you'll have to manually swap gear.
New story is coming "this year" and will be the usual expected quality BioWare type story.
Q: What can we expect from the mechanics of Nightmare mode? Gabe: We're going to tweak them so they really live up to their name, and that's why it has to wait until after 1.2 update, we want to get it right. Daniel: That also involves why we have "Story" mode going forward. Story mode is not where you go for gearing up and high end rewards. It's where you go to experience the content.
Q: How about pod racing or swoop racing? Daniel: I am a huge fan of mini-games like racing or Pazaak. Right now we're focusing on core tools and functionality like the Guild stuff. We want to get that in first. But we have designs for all kinds of fun things. No ETA right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:16 am 
Spam Meister

Think I'l be re-subbing come 1.2, sounds pretty fucking impressive (not to mention the bulk of Uni work will out the way)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 am 
Spam Meister

I'm only just at a stage where I consider K'ai (my main) established. I'm sitting at lvl33 on my alt, there's just so much content I've not done yet. I can still see me being here for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:45 pm 
Administrator

HD trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdTpIfDWyr4&hd=1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:48 pm 
Senior Spammer

Improved character models was needed.
Also whats going on with Consular high end gear? Is it still Princess of Naboo mode or are there options now?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 pm 
Administrator

Rem wrote:
Improved character models was needed.
Also whats going on with Consular high end gear? Is it still Princess of Naboo mode or are there options now?

The trailer shows some new gear. Keep in mind that in 1.2 you will be able to crit craft all orange gear and you can remove mods (including set bonuses) from purple gear and put them in those so basically all gear in the game can be made endgame (better then what is available now actually, since if you get a crit crafted orange you will have an extra augment slot) now :)

So even if they didn't add any new gear (which they will) the options for endgame gear have increased by at least 10 times.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:40 pm 
Master Spammer

Quote:
So even if they didn't add any new gear (which they will) the options for endgame gear have increased by at least 10 times.

On that note if any troopers or smugglers want orange gear crit crafted come the update let me know your preferences now and I'll do my best to get the schematics if I don't have them already, and get the materials to make them shortly after the update. As far as I know though all orange suits only comprise of a chest, legs and helmet, so the rest you'll still need to get/keep as standard gear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 am 
Spam Meister

a quick summary of some the notable changes mentioned in guild summit

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/09/5-thi ... cs-future/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:47 pm 
Administrator

Some more hands-on and details have been released now.

Here is an overview.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... wo-content

One of the more interesting Legacy unlocks is that if you complete Chapter 2 on a class you will unlock their buff for your other chars. So if you've done all 4 classes then you will always have all buffs with 1 click.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:29 pm 
Spammer
 WWW  Profile

Grim wrote:
Some more hands-on and details have been released now.

Here is an overview.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swto ... wo-content

One of the more interesting Legacy unlocks is that if you complete Chapter 2 on a class you will unlock their buff for your other chars. So if you've done all 4 classes then you will always have all buffs with 1 click.

woop, i have a lv32 sith warrior on taris :) force choke for me.....