All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Guild Leader Summit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 pm 
Spam Meister

Quick Jerr, get to Austin...

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120201

Quote:
Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit

Today, we are pleased to announce the first ever Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Guild Summit, being hosted in Austin, TX in March. Over the course of a few days, guild leaders from around the world will gather together to discuss the state of the game with the developers from BioWare Austin. Guild leaders (or a designated officer in the event of a guild leader being unable to attend) will participate in Q&A sessions with developers, roundtable feedback discussions, and will get a preview of some upcoming game features.

The goal of the summit is to facilitate an open discussion between guild leaders and the game design team. This event will provide an opportunity for attendees to voice their feedback directly to the teams responsible for the design of Star Wars: The Old Republic, hear the team’s thoughts and reasons behind design decisions, and discuss the current direction of the game.

The Guild Summit will be hosted from March 4th – 6th, 2012 at the DoubleTree Hotel Austin. Due to space limitations, the event will be invite-only. We've already invited guilds of various backgrounds and sizes to the Summit, from Endgame to Role-playing to PvP guilds, but we've got some space left for additional guild leaders who wish to attend. We ask that interested leaders submit an application, which can be found at this link.* Guild leaders will be evaluated based on the information provided in their application.

While we welcome applications from guild leaders from anywhere in the world, please be advised that the Summit will be conducted entirely in English. Applications will be accepted until 11:59PM CST (GMT -6) on February 10th. If you have any questions regarding the event, send us an email at guilds@swtor.com!

*Must be 21 or older to attend. Guild leaders selected to attend are responsible for all of their travel, food, and lodging expenses.

Post subject: Re: Guild Leader Summit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:29 pm 
JEA Guildleader

Hmmm....i'm in Las Vegas next week...wonder if i can skip the flight home and hitchhike to Austin from there...

Post subject: Re: Guild Leader Summit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:58 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
I've, er, had a Twitter exchange with Rockjaw about this. I had a pressing concern about our GL that needed explaining...

Heyyyyyy.... #SWTORSummit. :)

@Rockjaw in...the US... oh whoopee....

·

@SioGallichan We're based in the US, and this helps us get the maximum number of developers attending too. :)

@Rockjaw but our GL is WELSH! Air travel is the work of the devil and all his little pixies, according to him. See the problem now?

@SioGallichan Yep. It's a way to go, we realize. Stay tuned, there will be ways to be involved.

@Rockjaw does it involve little pixies? He'll run a mile, I warn you...

@SioGallichan Er, no.

@Rockjaw bugger. There goes the chance of you tube footage of him screaming, trying to burn the 'magic box' and running off.

@Rockjaw thats 250 quid from Harry Hill down the drain.

Mac