Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: RAIDS - Input needed
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:12 am 
Master Spammer

Ops definitely stay "saved" up to whatever boss you killed until the reset day (Tuesday), FPs I don't know about. The trash in Ops will reset before the next boss, but the bosses themselves will stay defeated, no idea about switching people in and out other than you can definitely join for later bossea and skip earlioer ones as I've helped other guild out a couple of times now on finalm bosses, I believe it marks all previous bosses as complete when you do this, but I've never actually checked, if it doesn't i don't see how it could let you kill earlier ones, without having the possiblity of defeating the end boss twice, which should be impossible.

Thinking a bit more about how we should organise raids my thinking would be keep Friday and Saturday as nights where something is always going to happen (but it doesn't have to be raids), so people who have more limited time can know certain times they can log on and be guaranteed to find something, forget Sundays for anything planned as 3 nights in a row, even if it's more casually formed is too much. Keep the time the same for the entire week to keep things simple, but maybe vary it a bit each week to catch different people. Maybe add another night middle of the week for people who work or go out regulalry at the weekends. To avoid the situation where folk might be locked out of a mix of raids maybe set a target op for the week that folk know to keep clear for the activity days, so maybe a plan that looks something like this:

WC: 23rd April

Target Op: Karraga's
Activity Nights: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (8pm)

WC: 30th April

Target Op: Denova
Activity Nights: Thursday, Saturday, Sunday (7pm)

Alternatively I've previously made various little web based tools for things like tracking war targets in Eve, and would happily put together a planning calendar of some description, where people can pop themselves in for doing something (although I think we're going down the route of something more relaxed), or just something to make the above (or any other idea) work. Just lemme know what you're after and I'll knock something up in an hour.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 am 
Administrator

welphi wrote:
Can't find the page now, but I read somewhere that HM/OP resets themselfs after 1 hour when no one is inside em.

Nah, you wont loose progress until the actual reset on Tuesday. There is a soft reset which means reset all trash since the last boss you killed which might be what you are talking about but that's not a big deal. I think the raid leader (owner of the instance) is the one who saves the progress but it's counted for every individual as well (you can view them in the lockouts tab of your codex). Since 1.2 you can also repeat HM flashpoints how many times you would like.

Let's start with trying to get 2 16mans going next week.

I'm thinking something like this:

Friday:

16man normal

Saturday:

16man hard

Ops can be decided on the spot.

Leave midweek for spontaneous (beware of lockouts though) things unless there is a high demand for it, or keep 1 day (tuesday, wednesday?) as our regular FP evening but without planning it. Just so people know if they login on that day there will be FP's running.

I think that evening this week we killed all the world bosses for the Rakghoul event was a good example of a spontaneous op.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:59 am 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

I like raiding because I enjoy the social side of the game. I would have been on last night (not for raiding, just because) but I was dog tired and needed a break for the night.

I'm happy to do it as long as you'll have me. It was only this last weekend that I got any gear at all so I haven't necessarily been raiding for that, although now it would admittedly be nice to complete a set, but, whatever.

Unlocking the legacy stuff is my goal right now, and some of that costs millions so I'll be playing for a while!

Grim wrote:
welphi wrote:
I think that evening this week we killed all the world bosses for the Rakghoul event was a good example of a spontaneous op.

Agreed. That was fun.

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:27 pm 
Spammer
 WWW  Profile

welphi wrote:
Can't find the page now, but I read somewhere that HM/OP resets themselfs after 1 hour when no one is inside em.

When you join an OP that is already in progress your progress is saved to match theres once you kill a boss. Will tell you upon entering the instance if the group inside is ahead of you and that your progress will be saved upon the first boss defeat.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
As a none lvl 50, I am finding this thread fascinating...

Since when was the JEA all about raiding?

Have we lost our ability to take a game and make something of it for ourselves? I know this isn;t sandbox but theme park, but I'm sure we can sort some fun things out....

There are people with toons not 50... how about running dungeons for them, to help them out a bit? Then theres alts? Or theres the Imp guild...

You lot have got tunnel vision, fixated on raids - thats never been what we're about, only a part of it. I've watched the guild part of the forum and sometimes the only thread moving is Raid wk...whatever....

So, come on... imaginations, folks... we're known for coming up with all sorts of fun and games, and spontaneously using a game to have fun....

Remember...?

Mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:42 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

I enjoy the whole gun for hire thing and yes, helping other people level up if they are stuck. As a result I've seen large parts of story that I hadn't seen before, for other classes.

If anyone needs a hand, give me a shout.

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:58 pm 
Master Spammer

macfadyan wrote:
As a none lvl 50, I am finding this thread fascinating...

Have we lost our ability to take a game and make something of it for ourselves? I know this isn;t sandbox but theme park, but I'm sure we can sort some fun things out....

There are people with toons not 50... how about running dungeons for them, to help them out a bit? Then theres alts? Or theres the Imp guild...

You lot have got tunnel vision, fixated on raids - thats never been what we're about, only a part of it. I've watched the guild part of the forum and sometimes the only thread moving is Raid wk...whatever....

So, come on... imaginations, folks... we're known for coming up with all sorts of fun and games, and spontaneously using a game to have fun....

Remember...?

I'm all for helping folk level, but it feels like cheating to me, without any kind of mentoring system it's very hard to not just carry them through content which is no fun for me, and means they might miss vital tricks/tactics I learnt while levelling and be worse off for it, so it's really not that simple. I wish there was a better mechanic for it.

I also do not alt, as I find any kind of repetition of content mind-numbing, so that option is out for me. I could go imperial, but it's really not my bag either.

I'm all for finding fun things to do though, it's just not all that easy in a Themepark MMO, all the mechanics are stacked in favour of organised/structured activities, and I'm not seeing much in the way of social stuff. If you've got any bright ideas Mac by all means throw them out, but things like the naked Rancor hunting of SWG just don't work here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:38 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
I wasn't thinking of 'cheating', so to speak. But running players through dungeons just so they can see them - I know all Ive done is Esseles, that mining place with the asteroids and that other one with the thingy. I'm not a good example though, as I don't play often enough. My playstyle is also not worrying about lvling, just enjoy the different playstyles of toons and enjoy... I think some of you may have burnt through everything and now....well... Remember, it's still new... it's going to grow a lot, I should imagine. Yes, a lot of that will be high end grinding - very WOW-like, which is a fault of these games... they do need to chuck in a sandbox element for the high lvls too, though. In the meantime, regular holocron hunts could be fun - and if you do run alts, well, team up with different people and experience them and their playstyles. I know we're a hardcore small group in the middle of the JEA, but keeping the same people with the same people - which it 90% of the time is - will get dull.....

Seriosuly, imaginations and no expectations... one can do a lot.

Mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:46 pm 
Spam Meister

macfadyan wrote:

With the best will in the world dude, this is all happening. There's plenty of grouping and alt'ing goes on for non-50's, you've just not been about to see it.

We're back to the whole issue that dungeons are called Raids in a game again. The things you talk about that we used to do in SWG all, without exception, took more than 8 people to do. They all, without exception, required some level of equipment or group make-up to be successful. The spontaneous stuff is more difficult to arrange in a game like we have, but again it still happens.

It basically boils down to when people are on, things happen. I think you're probably only seeing the organisation and assuming that's all that's happening.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:55 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Could well be, to be fair. There's obviously a flaw in the game somewhere - or just the way it's built - so that folks can't just up and go do stuff - or can they? Is it that there isn;t enough stuff to do? Help me out here... trying to understand.

Mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:42 pm 
Troll
 ICQ  Profile

will contribute to this post more in depth when im more awake but maybe an alt night where we run fps and content for alts ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:46 pm 
Troll
 ICQ  Profile

why dont we make a list of what contect we still need and we chose each night on a rotation who to help doing what.. there are some fps i still wouldnt mind doing

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:55 pm 
Troll
 ICQ  Profile

how about we try different things? like one night an alt run other night the new op, at least we will be doing different things other than hard modes every weekend. Also make a list on the forum of who needs what then we say a day or time to get it done?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:04 am 

Have no fear, Josa's here!!! :mrgreen:

I dont even know what I need from where, I just enjoy the banter in raids tbh (except when Fei drangs me into a lava bath) :blackeye: