Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm out.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:57 pm 
Spam Meister

Really sorry guys but I think I've had my fill.

I have an open ticket to get the 30-days Legacy time added to my account (no idea why it wasn't credited) but regardless I can't see myself renewing. So I either have 18days sub left or 48.

Here's why:

* There's just nothing to do and fewer and fewer people to do it with. Guild numbers have fallen away to the point that the same 8-10 people sign up for raids they hardly need to do, mostly getting loot for companions. Other than that pretty much noone logs on unless they're alting.
* There's the new dungeon but meh, who cares...it's another case of learn the dance steps then faceroll.
* Crafting is laughable, even after the 1.2 "fixes" [sic].
* The loot game is fucked. You know roughly what you'll get every time. In Raids for sure, in the world pretty much sure as well....fuck all. No usable loot drops in the world at all.
* The engine. It looks like City of Heroes, an 8yo indie game, but runs worse and needs more resources to do it.
* The bugs.
- With only 2 raids in the game (until recently) we shouldn't still be seeing the number of fundamental issues we do.
- The sound bug that's been ingame since 1.2 is a game breaker. What's the point in a "fully voiced MMO" if you have to can't hear the dialogue. Or audio cues in an Op/FP/WZ.
* The futility. Why bother levelling an alt when there's nothing to do with them when they ding 50. As it stands running HM FP's is about it, or dailies, or the gimped PvP in 4 WZs....fuk that.

I've been struggling to log in more and more lately. I thought I'd be able to ride it out til I at least got to try all the class stories but at this stage I can't see the point. They'll just sit at level 50 gathering dust because our numbers are so low that we only need the same 8 people/roles and there's no real mixing about of who does what role. The "I don't alt" mentality I can understand to a point, but seriously limits a guild of our size.

Post subject: Re: I'm out.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:29 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

Sorry to hear that dude.

I've been sensing your frustration for a while, and last night it sounded like you'd had enough.

I can understand that. There do seem to be fewer and fewer people on lately.

As for me, I'm not sure what I'll do once I've bought all the legacy stuff - or even why I'm doing it, but it's still fun for me. For now.

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:56 pm 
Spam Meister

Yeah, last night was the final straw tbh. Nothing to do with how we got on or who was there I should add.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
Damn. Thats a shame. You were only just saying how I'd enjoy being lvl 50 too. No offence, but I do hope your the only one. I'm still really enjoying the game. I only play gently, switching between alts etc, so the game is still very fresh and enjoyable to me. I can certainly understand your frustration, though. I had the same problem with Garron on WOW. We were just doing dungeons over and over again. I was hoping things would be a bit different this time - the different game play styles, stories etc, and so was hoping folks would hang around. It was great seeing so many people on together - I was starting to think that finally we had something here... :(

Mac

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:52 pm 
Administrator

Sorry to hear that dude. What happened last night?

Your first point rings very true to me and that's why I want(ed) to try new and challenging stuff. Friday was a good example of this, beating nightmare with only a couple of full rakata's. Learn the dance steps, yeah, in what MMO or game is that not the case?

I'm sticking around for stuff like that but it's going to become more and more of a problem to organize it soon. Get a move on with your tank mac :D

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:56 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

Grim wrote:

We tried KP on HM but couldn't crack the droid boss. I was on DPS duties - not sure I can lay damage down as quick as I ought to if I'm honest. Anyway, we wiped three times and called it a day. :(

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
Grim wrote:
Get a move on with your tank mac :D

I'm going via the pretty way...

Mac

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:00 pm 
Spam Meister

Doctor Sinister wrote:
Grim wrote:

We tried KP on HM but couldn't crack the droid boss. I was on DPS duties - not sure I can lay damage down as quick as I ought to if I'm honest. Anyway, we wiped three times and called it a day. :(

Dr. S.

That wasn't what I was annoyed at mate. Failing raids doesn't bother me believe it or not. I know that I might sound super grumpy but that's mainly down to the fact that I've been locked into playing a class I don't enjoy tanking with since launch. Entirely my fault, I chose to play it but I really hoped I'd have been able to switch to something else after 4-5months in the game. That's more what I was annoyed at last night. My alt has been 50 for 4 weeks now and she's been in one raid. Josapher was a lvl50 tank for 3 weeks and he never got on one normal mode either. The entire time we've been raiding hard modes as the same 8-10 players, not making much effort to involve the new 50's at all, not switching roles about for alts either.

As I said in my original post, I can understand wanting to concentrate on one character normally. In this game I don't get it, at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 pm 
Spam Meister

It looks like you aren't the only one

http://kotaku.com/5908338/star-wars-the ... socialflow

it's lost 25% of it's sub-base since it's earnings report a few months ago

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 pm 
Spam Meister

Ouch.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:30 pm 
Spammer
 WWW  Profile

kai-ying wrote:
Doctor Sinister wrote:
Grim wrote:

Dr. S.

That wasn't what I was annoyed at mate. Failing raids doesn't bother me believe it or not. I know that I might sound super grumpy but that's mainly down to the fact that I've been locked into playing a class I don't enjoy tanking with since launch. Entirely my fault, I chose to play it but I really hoped I'd have been able to switch to something else after 4-5months in the game. That's more what I was annoyed at last night. My alt has been 50 for 4 weeks now and she's been in one raid. Josapher was a lvl50 tank for 3 weeks and he never got on one normal mode either. The entire time we've been raiding hard modes as the same 8-10 players, not making much effort to involve the new 50's at all, not switching roles about for alts either.

As I said in my original post, I can understand wanting to concentrate on one character normally. In this game I don't get it, at all.

If i wasn't stuck at work i would of been up for tanking with my knight. just work got the better of me with the major change we had.
will be a real shame to lose you bud. hope stuff picks up for you.
Think our biggest problem is not enough different people stepping up to take part in things like these. Anything you can think of to change this?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:39 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

kai-ying wrote:

It's mainly the repetetive nature of levelling* that's putting me off. My main Republic alt' is stuck on Taris because it's so dull - having done it three times already as a Jedi (on another server), a Sith and with Omi' I'm just less inclined to do it again. Especially unlocking all the maps again.

If I had an alt' at 50 I'd be more than happy to switch roles on Raids, do some healing for example - I quite enjoyed the FP we did the other night with our alt's.

Also, with Omi' I feel I can get more involved with other people in the game. What would be cool would be if some of us could get together as our alt's and level up together, I'd be much more inclined to do it then.

Dr. S.

* Yes, I am fully aware of the irony of my statement as someone who does the Dailies almost religiously. Think it's the long-haul that's putting me off, since all the Dailies can be done in a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Team ups. Seriosuly, team ups.... more teaming. For questing. It makes things go faster, and is more fun - especially if your with someone on ts...

I can't comment on Op make up etc.... Though I might suggest recruiting as one of the problems is the same core group of people.

Mac

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:09 am 
Master Spammer

Not unexpected, and it'll be a shame to lose a good tank, but I have to say I think you're wrong on a couple of points, particularly about raiding, and are over-reacting a bit.

Quote:
* There's just nothing to do and fewer and fewer people to do it with. Guild numbers have fallen away to the point that the same 8-10 people sign up for raids they hardly need to do, mostly getting loot for companions. Other than that pretty much noone logs on unless they're alting.

I think a lot of the reason the last couple of raids have been low on numbers is because folk don't know what they're signing up for. If I'd known folk wanted EV normal for alts, fun whatever I could have passed on helping Spark out during the week, and helped them on something else instead, I can't just write off doing anything during the week because we might do it at the weekend, it's no surprise people are on less during the week. Some folk also probably hate the sight of Soa by now, but would love to give the new one a go, I know I'm a little tired of EV. Also I'm signing up on Chisel because I like playing the one character, trying to improve my healing, and proving SWTOR forum whiners that Commando healing is not poo, am I supposed to just not sign up at all, or feel forced into rolling an alt when it's something I don't enjoy? So what if some gear goes to companions, or offspecs, if you're only thinking of it in terms of getting gear, then you're looking at it the wrong way, and rather selfishly, in my opinion. It's nice to get new gear sure, but personally I'm just happy to group up and help others out, even knowing it'll possibly cost me more in repair costs and buffs than I'll get out of it.

This weekend was also Bank Holiday weekend, people are allowed to have plans.

Quote:
* There's the new dungeon but meh, who cares...it's another case of learn the dance steps then faceroll.

Or, as I see it new content I'd like to see, and give a try, rather than writing it off because it might be a bit difficult. Why does every raid have to be something we know we can do, rather than something that we think we can't. We're not forced to complete it, who says we can't try half an hour on the first boss of the new raid on highly geared characters, then if it goes well continue, if it doesn't try something else. EV Nightmare this Friday was just a mess around thinking we didn't stand a chance, then we go and get it done first time on nearly every boss and get the time credit as well, and I think everyone came away from that having had a good time.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:45 am 
Apprentice Spammer

Sorry to see you leave and sorry to see you railroaded into a role you hate. I do try to stay available for everything to try and take some of the heat off the tanking side of things whenever I can. I honestly think (or maybe hope) that this week was more of a confluence of unfortunate coincidences than anything else. Like chis said, people might have had plans.

As far as signups go I just hope people don't feel put off from signing up because of any progression differences. I'm pretty sure most of us do ops for the giggles rather than out of some single minded charge to the finish, maybe that needs to be stated more clearly. Personally I'm up for running anything (op, fp, pvp, naked rave etc.) if it means I get to take part in guild activities again after the gap since I played SWG. It really has been nice to be a part of things again.

Anyway, if you really have had enough then you can't exactly force yourself to enjoy something. Maybe something will be added one day to pump some life back into it for you. Until then, thanks for showing me the ropes to tanking and being around to deal with my balls-ups for my first few runs, it's been fun :D