Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Future of the Guild
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:49 pm 
JEA Guildleader

Hey guys. As you know, we have been very quiet lately on the active front. We've gone from an average of 15+ players most nights, to roughly 2, in the space of around 2 months. Quite frankly, we've been hemorrhaging players. We do still have numbers playing(we're still able to get operations going most weeks), but not on a regular basis, ie, every night, like it has been. So that leaves a problem, that when people do log on, there isn't enough online to do anything, or to even have a vibrant guild chat, which I think is more important than anything. I've seen me log on most nights this week, and log off again 5 minutes later because there's no one else online.

So this brings me to this..

I have recieved an offer from the guild leader of Sunfall Rebels(SFR) about us merging into SFR. I would like to hear people's thoughts on this, and wether this is something that you would want to do.

This is the pm I had off Korrban, the GL of SFR.

Hi Jerrick,

I trust you are well? I am the new Guild Master for Sunfall Rebels and I just wanted to keep you updated with that bit of news. You may remember me as that bugger who contacted you about setting up REBCOM in SWTOR?

Your probably reading this messages thinking that I have an agenda? Well, yes is the short and honest answer.

I think like many other Guilds in the Game we are all feeling the pinch of people 'trying' other MMO's and forgetting all about SWTOR, or at least until something major happens like an expansion.

Sad is my life that I like to keep regular checks on activity of not only SFR, but of her allies. I was wondering if JEA is struggling with activity throughout the week as I have only seen at most 2-3 guys online during peak time (6pm-11pm GMT). Though I will not name the individual I also had an informal discussion via REBCOM with one of your members who was unhappy about the lack of people to do stuff with.

After the unexpected talk on REBCOM I was worried that the community would lose more of a great community we had from SWG. I was wondering if you are willing to open talks to merge Jealhimet Elite Army with Sunfall Rebels?

I know the JEA name has a great Legacy and it is a very hard decision to make, but the plus side is we work together to strengthen our community and give us all a greater range of choice on end game content.

REBCOM was setup to assist with community building, but I think it has limitations as it is relies heavily on people using it and responding.

We have already successfully inititated a merger with LRDP-IMP to take on our sister Guild, Sunrise Imperial (SRI), with the benefit of LRDP-REP merging to Sunfall Rebels.

I look forward to your response and wish you well. I may be contactable on the following characters most days of the week.

So, is this something that interests you, or, do you feel there are other options for us to consider?

I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Post subject: Re: Future of the Guild
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:01 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

The member he was referring to may well be me - I have been the only person on for much of this week, with others coming on briefly for an hour, half an hour, or just a few minutes at a time, and generally only one at a time. Of course we had people on for the Raid on Friday, and will again hopefully tonight, but it's not like it used to be.

I can understand exactly why people aren't on - I feel the same way myself at times, but I've got nothing better to do and I'm still grinding away for the Legacy unlocks. :lol:

So anyway, I posted something in RebCom about being lonely and ended up in a Daily group with some of the SFR, and I even got invited onto their Mumble channel, which was very nice of them.

As for a merger - well, I'm only a newb' here and I don't have the history of the JEA behind me like (mostly) everyone else does, so it's not something I'm really qualified to comment on. I would imagine that it would be painful for you to lose the name.

I would say though, that the Imperial side of the Guild appears to be fractured, and I wouldn't say no to merging those bits so that I can group with people on the Dark Side.

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:16 pm 
Administrator

I'm up for it. I had a look on their forums and they are still struggling with normal mode raids and we are doing regular nightmare runs, so we have something to offer in that regard as well.

I'm not sure if it would make me play more, the raids are the only thing I still do really, until something new hits.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:49 pm 
Master Spammer

I don't mind, but like Grim I don't think it's going to change much for me, raids are where I have most of my fun. Can't hurt for those who are on more though.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:16 pm 
Spam Meister

Do it.

It's more important to cater to the people actively playing the game than to those who only log in when there's a raid.

The guild name is meaningless in this game, so no reason to get sentimental over that.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:30 pm 
Spam Meister

how is this guy keeping check on SFR's allies? I'm sure he can't have us all on his friends list and quite a few folk never talk in rebcom. Given that i keep seeing them ask for help for ops i'd be interested to see how many of them are active at least once a week, if it's less than us then why don't they come and join us?

Also, not grouped with any SFR recently but in the first couple of months i kept bumping into them in warzones and some of them were complete twats, constantly complaining about the team and crying when they didn't get MVP votes from everyone. Are they anything like the SFR from SWG?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm 
Master Spammer

Zum makes a fair point, maybe if we're looking to mergers, we should look to making sure it's a good one. I've grouped with Spark of Insanity a lot and they seem a nice bunch, don't think I've ever been in a group with any SFR, which doesn't speak much for their activity, no point joining an empty guild.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:55 pm 

it needs to be done and soon, its getting harder to find people to do FP and OPS. doesn't matter who with.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:23 pm 
Administrator

Chisel wrote:
Zum makes a fair point, maybe if we're looking to mergers, we should look to making sure it's a good one. I've grouped with Spark of Insanity a lot and they seem a nice bunch, don't think I've ever been in a group with any SFR, which doesn't speak much for their activity, no point joining an empty guild.

True, not seem them much around but they don't seem to be very active in endgame yet so might be because of that. Spark is probably one of the bigger ones and got quite a few on my friends list so that's an option as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:45 pm 
Spam Meister

So you expect Jerrick to go back to SFR and say "no thanks, we want to merge with someone bigger than you".

Really?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:52 pm 
Spam Meister

eh? You think we should jump on this offer without looking around? We hadn't even decided to actively look for a guild to merge with yet but as soon as we have one approach us we have to take it no matter what?

Jerr can just say we are discussing it (i'm not aware that they have given him a deadline to give a response by), in the meantime folk who know people in other guilds can see what they are doing.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:01 pm 
Administrator

Zumbee wrote:
how is this guy keeping check on SFR's allies?

You can check this with /who, at the moment there are 8 SFR online, 16 spark.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:02 pm 
Spam Meister

I had a response typed up but I can't be arsed with the fallout. I'm not playing, if you think you can get a better deal elsewhere go for it.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:08 pm 
Master Spammer

With respect Kai, you've already said you're out, I think those of us who are still playing and have experience grouping outside guild should have some input. There's zero point joining up with SFR if it won't help the situation or they don't mesh well with us. From what I've heard of SFR in SWTOR as well some of the names of old have already left, so are they even the same group we knew?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:12 pm 
Spam Meister

The problem I have is that the people who have been most vocal on this til now are people who have made a decision to only play one toon and log in when there's stuff organised for them to do.

Jerrick, while I appreciate putting this on the forum was something that needed done if I were in your shoes I'd be seeking out people to talk to in-game. The ones who consistently log in to sit in an empty guild. I wouldn't discount the views posted here, but these aren't the people you should be basing the decision on in my opinion.