Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future of the Guild
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:26 pm 
Master Spammer

Rodrom is the guild leader of Spark, so feel free to contact him.

Arcuran is the guy who normalls contacts me for raids, done 4 or 5 with them now.

They seem a nice active bunch with 17 on tonight to Sunfalls's 2 and our 5 (3 of who logged off when no raid was going down).

Only thing to query about is a recent split of 200 members into a seperate guild, why that happened, etc. All my contacts are still in Spark, so maybe it's a PvP thing, haven't seen the GL on yeah to ask.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 pm 
Administrator

macfadyan wrote:
Silly point of order thing here... but shouldn;t Jerrick be heading this up? Chisel should be passing his contacts on, then Jerrick comes here to chat?

That's what just happened so if Jerrick can contact their guildleader that would be great. We shouldn't wait much longer with this.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:21 pm 
Master Spammer

Just had a quick chat with Rodrom, he's fine with a merger type affair as well.

Seems the split was just a disagreement thing, the splitters becamse "Thats what she said", and it seems they're still pretty active as well (14 online at time of posting), and there is still some inter guild grouping it seems, although mostly they keep to the seperate guilds.

They've got about 50ish active members at present, mostly evenings, with a smattering of folk during the day.

Mumble is their voice comms of choice.

I've told him Jerrick will contact him at some point.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:57 pm 
JEA Guildleader

Sorry guys, but I was waiting untill the end of the week to move things on. Just wanted to make sure everyone has had a say. Still would like to hear from Nanea, Itanic, Craigt and Loanna(and anyone else still playing who I haven't spoken too/hasn't posted on here) about what they think. Cant seem to catch them online. So if anyone speaks to them, please ask them to post their thoughts on here soon, as I will be moving on with this over the weekend.

Chis, thanks for doing the groundwork with Spark. Will speak with Rodrom and Korrban over the weekend.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:39 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
Let us know what you think about both spark and sfr, Jerrick... it'll help me make up my mind who to vote for....

Mac

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:04 am 

i can mostly speak for Itanic, Craigt and Loanna and say they want a merge, they say that there is never anyone. so they don't come on that much.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:03 am 
JEA Guildleader

Right guys, i've spoken to the guild leaders of both SFR and Spark.

Upon speaking to both guild leaders, I would like to recommend a merger with Sunfall Rebels.

I feel they are a better fit for us and are more like us. I know there is a worry over current numbers in SFR, but with a merger, and subsequently more people online once the merger is finalised, people will start coming back to the game, and, with SFR activley recruiting, more people would join an active and vibrant guild. Also, we have more raid experience than them, which we can bring to the table and help them with, thus, with regular raiding, could also bring more people back to the game for both us and them. I just feel that we will be more at home with SFR, and more welcome.

Spark of Insanity do have the numbers, but I do have worries over a merger with them. I didn't have such a god vibe when talking to their GL. To me it felt more like a q & a session, than a proper chat or discussion like I had with the GL of SFR. Also a bit worried with raids, and wether we would get a fair chance at them. They have 1 fixed hardcore raid group, and are looking to create a 2nd more casual raid group. But, I worry that with one fixed raid group, this 2nd "casual" raid group could quite easily become a fixed group. I just believe we would find it hard to get regular raid spots. I also worry, that with a large group of members, we could be treated as outsiders.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents, and hopefully we can sort out our future soon.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:55 am 
Administrator

Agreed, we might have the same numbers problems again in the future then but if it's not a good fit then it's not a good fit.

I also don't like the idea of the fixed raid group, that doesn't help us at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:46 pm 
Spammer
 WWW  Profile

Jerrick wrote:
Right guys, i've spoken to the guild leaders of both SFR and Spark.

Upon speaking to both guild leaders, I would like to recommend a merger with Sunfall Rebels.

I feel they are a better fit for us and are more like us. I know there is a worry over current numbers in SFR, but with a merger, and subsequently more people online once the merger is finalised, people will start coming back to the game, and, with SFR activley recruiting, more people would join an active and vibrant guild. Also, we have more raid experience than them, which we can bring to the table and help them with, thus, with regular raiding, could also bring more people back to the game for both us and them. I just feel that we will be more at home with SFR, and more welcome.

Spark of Insanity do have the numbers, but I do have worries over a merger with them. I didn't have such a god vibe when talking to their GL. To me it felt more like a q & a session, than a proper chat or discussion like I had with the GL of SFR. Also a bit worried with raids, and wether we would get a fair chance at them. They have 1 fixed hardcore raid group, and are looking to create a 2nd more casual raid group. But, I worry that with one fixed raid group, this 2nd "casual" raid group could quite easily become a fixed group. I just believe we would find it hard to get regular raid spots. I also worry, that with a large group of members, we could be treated as outsiders.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents, and hopefully we can sort out our future soon.

I completly agree like i said on TS last night.
Most importantly does anyone have any objections about this? please speak up about your concerns if you have them, either in this post or privately over pm or ingame mail to any of the officers if you feel its best.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

I'm happy to go with the majority view. I have no particularly strong feelings either way, and Jerrick's post makes a lot of sense.

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:31 pm 
Junior Troll

I have no concerns if we choose to merge with SFR.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:41 pm 
Master Spammer

Go for it, and lets show them how raids are done (just don't let Ben tank)!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:34 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Location: Watching lozanges of vortisticial light form beautifull butterfly patterns... I'M FREE!!!
sfr - just grab an officer position for the first month to ease us in - some of us need ... 'explaining' to outsiders......

ahem..

Mac

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:54 pm 
Regular
 WWW  Profile

macfadyan wrote:
sfr - just grab an officer position for the first month to ease us in - some of us need ... 'explaining' to outsiders......

ahem..

I thought I'd made it clear that the incident with the cucumber was a freak accident. Jeez, one vegetable related incident and a guy can never live it down...

Dr. S.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:10 pm 
JEA Guildleader

So there's no objections? If not then we can move on and start ahead hopefully tomorrow, once i've spoker to Korrban.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next