Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Spam Meister

i think karraga's is still going to be a challenge due to that puzzle boss but looking at last nights run we've got eternity vault nailed. I think we need to start looking at getting the folk who are hitting 50 soon geared and experience of the boss fights up so we have folks who are prepped for the HM's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:34 pm 
Junior Troll

If there is gonna be any OP's next weekend, I'm not gonna be able to join in. Having nightshift. So someone else who's DPS will have to take my place.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 pm 
Administrator

Zumbee wrote:
i think karraga's is still going to be a challenge due to that puzzle boss but looking at last nights run we've got eternity vault nailed. I think we need to start looking at getting the folk who are hitting 50 soon geared and experience of the boss fights up so we have folks who are prepped for the HM's

The lockouts for normal and hard are separate though, so we can still do that and try a hard mode with the already geared people.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:42 pm 
Master Spammer

I'm up for an EV HM, or just a normal run through, don't mind. I'm kinda collecting one Healer and one DPS suit of armor so I'm gonna need plenty of runs!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:12 pm 
Spam Meister

Grim wrote:
Zumbee wrote:

The lockouts for normal and hard are separate though, so we can still do that and try a hard mode with the already geared people.

for me it's an issue of time. We don't know how long a HM will take and i don't want to regularly be gaming till 3am like last night. I'm happy to try whichever one we can do faster on a night during the week and then the normal raids on saturday to show newcomers the ropes. But i get up for 6am most days so i wouldn't want to be online at gone 11pm on weeknight.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm 
Spam Meister

I think we need to be specific about something up front for the people who are still getting to 50 or have recently dinged.

At the moment we're organising like this because there are so few of us at 50 that we need to be organised to get everyone in the same place at one time. Once there are more of us at 50 there won't be the need for this so I'd imagine the raiding will become more flexible. So for the avoidance of any doubt raid day has not been set for Saturdays, that's just when we're doing it at the moment.

As for what we do, I'd say we farm the 2 normals for another week or so to make sure that everyone is geared sufficiently to try the Hard Modes. Speaking personally I'm only in 126 gear, with one piece of 136. I'd say I'm ok to tank what we're doing at the moment but I'd struggle with the damage in Hard Modes due to my low Health.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:45 pm 
Administrator

Zumbee wrote:
Grim wrote:
Zumbee wrote:

for me it's an issue of time. We don't know how long a HM will take and i don't want to regularly be gaming till 3am like last night. I'm happy to try whichever one we can do faster on a night during the week and then the normal raids on saturday to show newcomers the ropes. But i get up for 6am most days so i wouldn't want to be online at gone 11pm on weeknight.

Yeah, it's the same for me. I can only do crazy times on Saturday and sometimes Friday. It's also an hour later here then in UK, so that makes it even worse.

So yeah, a normal mode during the week might be a good idea. And then keep the difficult stuff that might take a long time on Saturdays.

What's a good weekday to do normal modes? Thursday? Gives people some time to do the PvP weeklies and close enough to the weekend should it take a bit longer then expected.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am 
Spam Meister

yeah, thursday is good for me. In theory i can do any night but i wouldn't really want to do it at the start of the week, monday's are hard enough to get over as it is ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 pm 
Spam Meister

been reading up on G4-BC encounter on the forums, apparently the normal mode raid is a lot harder to do than the hard mode, with plenty of folks saying it is the toughest encounter in the game. Some folk have been flat out saying you should run the HM version of that raid as it's easier and you get more loot. So i think we did very well to take him down on saturday.

If they are nerfing the regular version soon then i think the KP raid is goign to become pretty straight forward.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm 
Administrator

Zumbee wrote:
been reading up on G4-BC encounter on the forums, apparently the normal mode raid is a lot harder to do than the hard mode, with plenty of folks saying it is the toughest encounter in the game. Some folk have been flat out saying you should run the HM version of that raid as it's easier and you get more loot. So i think we did very well to take him down on saturday.

Don't really understand how it can be easier though, does he have less HP in hard mode? It's probably not much harder (and considering the loot the better option) but I doubt it's easier.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm 
Spam Meister

i saw some folk saying he has less hp in the HM. not sure if that is accounted for by the fact that the 3 burners do different things in HM, so you can't fully debuff him everytime. but if the middle one gets rid of all droids then that would make the encounter easier overall i think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:18 pm 
Junior Troll

You can see here that he has just above 4million HP in HM, but it seems to be 16 man instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQvcwwiBMw