Jealhimet Community


Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
Spam Meister
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6298
Location: UK
i think karraga's is still going to be a challenge due to that puzzle boss but looking at last nights run we've got eternity vault nailed. I think we need to start looking at getting the folk who are hitting 50 soon geared and experience of the boss fights up so we have folks who are prepped for the HM's

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:34 pm 
Offline
Junior Troll
 Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:51 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Sweden
If there is gonna be any OP's next weekend, I'm not gonna be able to join in. Having nightshift. So someone else who's DPS will have to take my place.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:37 am
Posts: 5268
Location: Holland
Zumbee wrote:
i think karraga's is still going to be a challenge due to that puzzle boss but looking at last nights run we've got eternity vault nailed. I think we need to start looking at getting the folk who are hitting 50 soon geared and experience of the boss fights up so we have folks who are prepped for the HM's

The lockouts for normal and hard are separate though, so we can still do that and try a hard mode with the already geared people.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline
Master Spammer
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:14 am
Posts: 2149
I'm up for an EV HM, or just a normal run through, don't mind. I'm kinda collecting one Healer and one DPS suit of armor so I'm gonna need plenty of runs!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:12 pm 
Offline
Spam Meister
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6298
Location: UK
Grim wrote:
Zumbee wrote:
i think karraga's is still going to be a challenge due to that puzzle boss but looking at last nights run we've got eternity vault nailed. I think we need to start looking at getting the folk who are hitting 50 soon geared and experience of the boss fights up so we have folks who are prepped for the HM's

The lockouts for normal and hard are separate though, so we can still do that and try a hard mode with the already geared people.


for me it's an issue of time. We don't know how long a HM will take and i don't want to regularly be gaming till 3am like last night. I'm happy to try whichever one we can do faster on a night during the week and then the normal raids on saturday to show newcomers the ropes. But i get up for 6am most days so i wouldn't want to be online at gone 11pm on weeknight.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm 
Offline
Spam Meister
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:50 pm
Posts: 2959
Location: Scotland
I think we need to be specific about something up front for the people who are still getting to 50 or have recently dinged.

At the moment we're organising like this because there are so few of us at 50 that we need to be organised to get everyone in the same place at one time. Once there are more of us at 50 there won't be the need for this so I'd imagine the raiding will become more flexible. So for the avoidance of any doubt raid day has not been set for Saturdays, that's just when we're doing it at the moment.

As for what we do, I'd say we farm the 2 normals for another week or so to make sure that everyone is geared sufficiently to try the Hard Modes. Speaking personally I'm only in 126 gear, with one piece of 136. I'd say I'm ok to tank what we're doing at the moment but I'd struggle with the damage in Hard Modes due to my low Health.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:37 am
Posts: 5268
Location: Holland
Zumbee wrote:
Grim wrote:
Zumbee wrote:
i think karraga's is still going to be a challenge due to that puzzle boss but looking at last nights run we've got eternity vault nailed. I think we need to start looking at getting the folk who are hitting 50 soon geared and experience of the boss fights up so we have folks who are prepped for the HM's

The lockouts for normal and hard are separate though, so we can still do that and try a hard mode with the already geared people.


for me it's an issue of time. We don't know how long a HM will take and i don't want to regularly be gaming till 3am like last night. I'm happy to try whichever one we can do faster on a night during the week and then the normal raids on saturday to show newcomers the ropes. But i get up for 6am most days so i wouldn't want to be online at gone 11pm on weeknight.

Yeah, it's the same for me. I can only do crazy times on Saturday and sometimes Friday. It's also an hour later here then in UK, so that makes it even worse.

So yeah, a normal mode during the week might be a good idea. And then keep the difficult stuff that might take a long time on Saturdays.

What's a good weekday to do normal modes? Thursday? Gives people some time to do the PvP weeklies and close enough to the weekend should it take a bit longer then expected.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am 
Offline
Spam Meister
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6298
Location: UK
yeah, thursday is good for me. In theory i can do any night but i wouldn't really want to do it at the start of the week, monday's are hard enough to get over as it is ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 pm 
Offline
Spam Meister
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6298
Location: UK
been reading up on G4-BC encounter on the forums, apparently the normal mode raid is a lot harder to do than the hard mode, with plenty of folks saying it is the toughest encounter in the game. Some folk have been flat out saying you should run the HM version of that raid as it's easier and you get more loot. So i think we did very well to take him down on saturday.

If they are nerfing the regular version soon then i think the KP raid is goign to become pretty straight forward.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:37 am
Posts: 5268
Location: Holland
Zumbee wrote:
been reading up on G4-BC encounter on the forums, apparently the normal mode raid is a lot harder to do than the hard mode, with plenty of folks saying it is the toughest encounter in the game. Some folk have been flat out saying you should run the HM version of that raid as it's easier and you get more loot. So i think we did very well to take him down on saturday.

Don't really understand how it can be easier though, does he have less HP in hard mode? It's probably not much harder (and considering the loot the better option) but I doubt it's easier.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline
Spam Meister
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6298
Location: UK
i saw some folk saying he has less hp in the HM. not sure if that is accounted for by the fact that the 3 burners do different things in HM, so you can't fully debuff him everytime. but if the middle one gets rid of all droids then that would make the encounter easier overall i think.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:18 pm 
Offline
Junior Troll
 Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:51 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Sweden
You can see here that he has just above 4million HP in HM, but it seems to be 16 man instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQvcwwiBMw

_________________
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits     
Updated By Kieron Thwaites (Ron2K)