Jealhimet Community

Jealhimet Community Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
Administrator

Hey guys,

Since the last one was a lot of fun and went better then expected I'm planning another one this Saturday. This time Karagga's Palace 8-man on normal mode.

I've only done the first boss of this raid and he is already a pain (not tauntable) and for other bosses I'll have to rely on guides instead of experience so I'm expecting this one to be more challenging and taking more time to figure out in general.

I'm proposing Saturday on 7pm UK time again. Post here if you want to join :)

As always, set aside about 3-4 hours, have about 100k cash on hand for repairs and make sure to get the prototype buffs (I'll provide for people who can't afford repairs/buffs).

If we complete this one I think we are ready for a hard mode raid the weekend after, any gear we get on this one should help with that as well :)

Main Tank - Atlas
Off tank - K'ai
Tank Healer - Redlum
Party Healer - Morgotine
DPS - Zumbee
DPS - Chisel
DPS - Mentalla
DPS - Welph

Reserve - Jerrick (DPS), Wongfeihung (DPS)

Post subject: Re: Raid on Saturday 18/02 - sign up here
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:34 pm 
Spam Meister

i'm up for it.

Still got my tanking gear on me so can swap between dps and tank depending on what we have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:14 pm 
Spam Meister
 WWW  Profile

Sure, put me down for le tank spot...If we've got too many tanks i dont mind dropping out as i've got quite a lot of uni work this week so i might be buzzing on Monster/Irn Bru 32 doing uni work at the weekend...But if you want me in a crucial role then i dont mind abusing your trust :P

I'll try get most of this uni work done asap an' then repost if nearer the weekend if its a no no, or a go go for me.

Also, i've got almost a full suit of Champion DPS gear, so i dont mind flexing my dmg muscles either.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 pm 
Administrator

Ok, i've put you guys in the same spot as last week for now. We can change that around should it be needed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm 

morginte heal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 pm 
Spam Meister

I'll put myself on the standbye list to give any other tanks who want to go a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:47 am 
Master Spammer

If needed I can try DPS to give someone else a go at party healer (Morg), but I'd not really be set up for it either in gear or practice I imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 am 
Administrator

It's nice that everyone is flexible but this strategy wont work for the hard versions, we will need people who are specifically geared out for their role then. So we can switch around now so that more people get experience in their preferred role but this is probably not something that we can keep doing in the future. Something to keep in mind.

Hopefully by that time there is a larger pool of 50 but at the same time they will not have the right gear for a while.

I've switched morg and chisel for now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:54 pm 
Spam Meister

okei doke, cheaper for me to stay dps anyway rather than swapping mods around. I'll focus on upping my crit stats a bit more this week.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:18 pm 
Master Spammer

Grim wrote:
It's nice that everyone is flexible but this strategy wont work for the hard versions, we will need people who are specifically geared out for their role then. So we can switch around now so that more people get experience in their preferred role but this is probably not something that we can keep doing in the future. Something to keep in mind.

Hopefully by that time there is a larger pool of 50 but at the same time they will not have the right gear for a while.

I've switched morg and chisel for now.

No worries Grim, I understand and will be sticking healer long-term, just knew that Morg wasn't having much fun in the DPS role and obviously wants to join in, and DPS isn't too much of a switch for me hopefully.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm 
Administrator

Chisel wrote:
No worries Grim, I understand and will be sticking healer long-term, just knew that Morg wasn't having much fun in the DPS role and obviously wants to join in, and DPS isn't too much of a switch for me hopefully.

Yeah for normals this will be fine, just preparing people that we can only do this in normal modes. Especially the healer spot can be a difficult one since I'm a healer and organizing so that leaves only 1 spot for now.

I don't want to disappoint people later on but the quick respec is not a viable way for hard mode raids, so if anyone's preferred role is not available now it will be even more difficult to get in later on. Hopefully by the time we get there it's less of an issue as there are more 50's in the guild and a 2nd raid group will form.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 pm 

I see what u say and i'm ok with u. But if u think that, how did u do when a heal will be abs? We can't raid...
So we must have more than 2 heal. And befor try raid hm, perhaps guilde must do every raid in normal mode, and perhaps guilde must do more hm fp to get better stuff too.

At the moment in 2 week i saw none peaple ask for hm fp...

And finaly time we do all raid in normal we'll have more 50, and we'll can't try to get a 16 ppl raid.

Sorry , that not good english :s...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 pm 
Administrator

Pallando wrote:
I see what u say and i'm ok with u. But if u think that, how did u do when a heal will be abs? We can't raid...
So we must have more than 2 heal.

Of course, I'm just saying you won't always be able to join if there are more then 2. We are working around that now but I don't expect that to last forever unless more people get to 50.
Quote:
And befor try raid hm, perhaps guilde must do every raid in normal mode, and perhaps guilde must do more hm fp to get better stuff too.

We will do every raid in normal mode, there are only 2 so if we complete it this saturday we will have done them all :) Then it might be time to move on to the hard mode raid as those give the best gear but we'll evaluate after this one.

Jerrick mentioned in game that I should put him on the reserve list because he wasn't sure he was able to join yet so I've put him down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 pm 
Master Spammer

Pallando wrote:
So we must have more than 2 heal. And befor try raid hm, perhaps guilde must do every raid in normal mode, and perhaps guilde must do more hm fp to get better stuff too.

At the moment in 2 week i saw none peaple ask for hm fp...

And finaly time we do all raid in normal we'll have more 50, and we'll can't try to get a 16 ppl raid.

Sorry , that not good english :s...

Morg, I only went DPS so you could try healer as I know you didn't have much luck with your DPS build. I'll respec back to healer afterwards as I intend to stay healer so we'll have at least 3 healers knocking around. If I didn't take DPS you'd either not be able to join or you'd have to DPS again to participate. If you're fine with DPS I'd rather take healer as it's what I'm specced for and what I do best (although some may argue otherwise).

As for HM FPs I'd be up for them, but since you're currently a healer, and I am as well I can't really join you on any HMs...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 am 
Junior Troll

I'll try to make it for this raid, if my mother in law is here I'll put my foot in her behind :)

Btw, DPS